New Macbook Air - Review



It's no big secret that I've never been a big fan of the Macbook Air. I mean it's small and light but so is an iPad. Then there's the fact that it doesn't have a CD Drive and isn't very powerful... Or atleast, it wasn't. However, after some reading up and research on it, I've reconsidered. I won't go so far as to say it's my favorite Mac or anything but the fact of the matter is that I might have been a little too... disparaging.


So, I thought to myself, perhaps it's not very powerful but not everyone needs it to be so. And let's face it, it still runs on the world's best operating system. And who else has managed to create a fully functioning notebook computer merely 3mm thick. And believe me, many have tried. Anyway, I think providing you with a summarized version including Pros and Cons might function as a refreshing change.




Pros



- Fully Functioning Computer running on Mac OS X Lion despite it's smaller build.  



- Unibody Design ( More Durable )



- Intel i5 and i7 Processors


- Extremely Light ( 1.08kg ) and thin ( 0.3cm - 1.7cm )



- 5 to 7 Hour Battery Life
- All Flash Storage ( 2X Faster )


- Thunderbolt Port - Upto 12 times faster than Firewire 800 and 20 times faster than USB 2.0. Connect to Firewire, Ethernet or Displays.
- High-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colours.



- Extremely Portable ( Especially useful for Travelling )



- Backlit Keyboard and Multitouch Gestures 


 Cons

- Higher price for lesser functionality ( When comparing 13" Macbook Air to 13" Macbook Pro )
- Lack of CD Drive
- Lack of SD Card Slot in 11.6" Macbook Air


 Other Specifications


Specifications of All Models of Macbook Air

Pricing





First two prices are for 11 inch models, Latter two are for 13 inch models. Click here for detailed specifications with prices.